Yield: 30 Servings
|¼ cup||Prune puree or Lighter Bake|
|½ cup||Packed brown sugar|
|½ cup||Granulated sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|1 teaspoon||Peppermint extract|
|1½ cup||Unbleached white flour|
|¼ cup||Unsweetened cocoa|
|1 teaspoon||Baking soda|
|1 cup||Chocolate chips|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. Cream together butter, prune puree, and sugars with an electric mixer at high speed.
3. Beat in egg. Stir in vanilla and peppermint extracts.
4. Sift together the dry ingredients and add this to the butter mixture along with the chocolate chips. Stir until well combined.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes at 350 F. Remove from sheet immediately after baking and cool on a rack.
Makes 2½ dozen.
Note: The original recipe calls for 1 ½ sticks of butter and no prune puree. Proceed as directed.
Recipe by: Mollie Katzen's Still Life with Menu Cookbook Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by "slt4@..." <slt4@...> on Mar 10, 1998