Yield: 4 servings
|24 larges||Shrimp in shell|
|1 tablespoon||Finely chopped ginger root|
|¼ teaspoon||Dried red pepper flakes|
|2 tablespoons||Fresh chopped parsley|
|1 \N||Bay leaf|
|¼ teaspoon||Dried thyme|
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|\N \N||Juice of 1 lemon|
|\N \N||Salt and pepper|
|1 \N||Clove garlic peeled and|
1) Peel shrimp and devein. Rinse under cold water and pat dry.
2) Combine the shrimp, ginger, pepper flakes, parsley, bay leaf, thyme, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, preheat a charcoal grill.
4) Put the shrimp on the grill and cook 1-2 minutes. Turn and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side. Transfer the shrimp to a warm serving dish.
5) Melt the butter with the garlic in a saucepan. When bubbling, discard the garlic. Pour the butter over the shrimp and serve.
Submitted By VERNON PHIPPS On 09-13-95