Yield: 2 servings
|2 quarts||Tomato juice (prepare as directed in the recipe for canning tomato juice)|
|3 tablespoons||Bottled lemon juice|
|2 teaspoons||Grated celery|
|1 teaspoon||Prepared horseradish|
|1 teaspoon||Onion juice|
|1 dash||Worcestershire sauce|
A zippy blend, this cocktail is great for appetizers or aspics. The recipe makes 2 quarts. You will need the recipe for Canning Tomato Juice as well as all the basic equipment for boiling water bath canning.
1. Organize and prepare ingredients, equipment, and work area.
2. Combine all ingredients and heat to boiling.
3. Pour juice into 2 hot quart jars to within ¼ inch of tops.
4. Wipe tops and threads with damp clean cloth.
5. Put on lids and screw bands as manufacturer directs.
6. Process in a boiling water bath for 30 minutes.
7. Follow basic steps for boiling water bath canning, 10 through 18.
Source: Vegetable Gardening Encyclopedia Typos by Dorothy Flatman 1995 Submitted By DOROTHY FLATMAN On 10-09-95