Yield: 20 Servings
|2 larges||Egg whites; room temperature|
|8 ounces||Nonfat cream cheese; room temperature|
|½ teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|1 ounce||Choclate chips|
|¼ cup||Cocoa powder|
|1 teaspoon||Baking soda|
|1 teaspoon||Baking powder|
|½ cup||Nonfat yogurt|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|Vegetable oil spray|
|2 tablespoons||Pecans; chopped fine|
1. Begin preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In the small bowl of an electric mixer beat the egg whites until foamy, add the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth. Stir in the choclate chips. Set aside.
3. Into a medium bowl whisk or stir together the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder until well combined, about 15-20 seconds.
4. In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, water, yogurt and vanilla until the sugar has dissolved, about 30 seconds. Add the dry ingredients and stir and whisk until the dry ingredients are just moistened, about 20 seconds.
5. Lightly spray the inside of 20 foil cupcake cups with the vegetable oil.
Fill each cup about half-full of batter. Top each with 1 tablespoon of the filling. Dust each cupcake top with ¼+ teaspoon of the pecans. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the top springs back when gently pressed. Remove from the oven and cool. Makes 20 cupcakes.
Recipe by: Net
Posted to JEWISH-FOOD digest by Linda Shapiro <lss@...> on Nov 02, 1998, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.