Yield: 12 Servings
|¾ cup||All purpose flour|
|½ cup||Whole wheat flour|
|1½ teaspoon||Baking powder|
|3 tablespoons||Margarine or butter; softened|
|¾ cup||Banana; (about 1 large)|
|1||Container; (8 oz) low-fat vanilla yogurt|
|2 teaspoons||Finely chopped walnuts|
1. Heat oven to 375. Spray bottoms only of 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
3. In medium bowl, combine ½ cup sugar and margarine; beat at low speed until well blended. Add banana, yogurt and egg whites; beat well. Add to flour mixture. With spoon, stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon batter evenly into sprayed muffin cups.
4. In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over batter in pan.
5. Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pan. Cool slightly. Serve warm.
per muffin: calories 150; calories from fat 35; total fat 4g; saturated 1g; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 160mg; total carbohydrate 26g; dietary fiber 1g; sugars 14g; protein 3g
Recipe by: Pillsbury Fast & Healthy Magazine Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by Susan <camyfan@...> on Apr 24, 1998