Yield: 6 Servings
|1 cup||Minced shallots|
|2 tablespoons||Minced garlic|
|1 teaspoon||Safflower oil|
|6||Boston lettuce leaves|
|6 smalls||Snapper or flounder fillets|
|2 teaspoons||Dried thyme|
|1 teaspoon||Dried tarragon|
|2 tablespoons||Green olive oil|
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, place vinegar, shallots, and garlic and cook until soft (almost 5 minutes).
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a large baking sheet with safflower oil. Place lettuce leaves on baking sheet; do not overlap.
3. Wash and pat dry fish fillets. Sprinkle with thyme, tarragon, and half the olive oil. Spread with shallot mixture.
4. Starting with small end of each fillet, roll it around shallot spread and place the roll on top of a lettuce leaf. Fold lettuce around fish and place packet seam side down on baking sheet. Brush packets with remaining oil.
5. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
Remove foil and serve hot.
Recipe By : the California Culinary Academy File