Yield: 6 Servings
|1 cup||Finely chopped onion|
|1 tablespoon||Minced garlic|
|1 cup||Finely diced carrots|
|½ teaspoon||Minced serrano chili|
|½ teaspoon||Ground ginger|
|1 teaspoon||Ground cumin|
|1 cup||Chopped; roasted eggplant, including skin|
|1 cup||Chopped; unpeeled, firm-cooked red potatoes|
|1 cup||Coarsely grated zucchini; squeezed dry in a clean towel|
|3 tablespoons||Chopped fresh cilantro|
|2 tablespoons||Whole wheat flour|
|1||Egg; lightly beaten (egg substitute)|
|1 cup||Soft; whole wheat bread crumbs|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 17:09:35 -0700 (PDT) From: Ann Girand <bluefigg@...> A while ago there was a request for a recipe for vegie burgers. I just found this one in the January 1996 issue of Organic Gardening. I haven't gotten to try it yet.
1. Saute onions and garlic over medium heat until they just begin to turn golden.
2. Add the carrots, chili, ginger, and cumin and continue to cook until the carrots just begin to soften.
3. Stir in the eggplant, potatoes, zucchini and cilantro and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat.
4. When cooked ingredients are cool enough to handle, work in the flour, egg and bread crumbs with your fingers. Season the mixture to taste, then shape it into six patties.
5. Saute the patties, cooking on both sides until golden brown. Serves 6.
Serving suggestion: top with fresh salsa and/or ff cheese.
FATFREE DIGEST V96 #119
From the Fatfree Vegetarian recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .