Yield: 6 Servings
|1 pounds||Flank steak|
|3 \N||Stalks celery|
|2 \N||Bell peppers|
|1 \N||Clove garlic, crushed|
|¾ cup||Chicken stock|
|¾ tablespoon||Apple cider vinegar|
|2 teaspoons||Cold water|
|1 teaspoon||Thin soy sauce|
|1½ teaspoon||Oyster sauce|
|\N \N||Dash of pepper|
|1 \N||Green onion, slivered|
1. Cut flank steak into 3 long strips (cutting with the grain of the meat). Cut each strip into thin slices, cutting across the grain.
2. Add "seasoning" to beef and mix well.
3. Cut celery into 1½" pieces; then, cut each piece lengthwise into strips, julienne style.
4. Remove seeds from bell pepper and cut into 1 ½" pieces.
5. Cut each tomato into eights. 6. Heat wok and add 1 Tb oil. Stir-fry celery and bell pepper for 3 minutes. Sprinkle lightly with salt and sugar. Remove and set aside.
7. Heat wok, add 1 Tb oil, garlic and beef. Stir-fry for 3 minutes; remove and set aside with vegetables.
8. Put chicken stock in wok, add vinegar, sugar, salt and catsup.
Bring to boil.
9. Add tomatoes, vegetables and beef. Turn to high heat and bring to a boil again.
10. Prepare thickening using cornstarch and cold water. Stir into the mixture, cook for 1 minute, and serve.
SOURCE: Chopstick, Clever and Wok.