Yield: 1 Servings
|4 cups||Whole Wheat Flour|
|1 pack||Active Dry Yeast|
|½ cup||Sunflower Seeds; Ground|
|½ cup||Raisins; Chopped|
|2 \N||Whole Eggs|
1. Soak raisins for 2 to 3 hours in warm water.
2. Mix 2 cups flour with yeast. 3. Stir water, milk, honey, butter and salt over low heat until butter melts.
4. Cool about 5 minutes.
5. Add to flour and yeast mixture.
6. Add eggs, remaining flour, sunflower seeds and raisins.
7. Knead on a floured board until dough is smooth and elastic and raisins are well distributed.
8. Divide dough in half and drop each roll into a tall tomato juice can that has been generously coated with butter.
9. Cover each can with wax paper, held on by a rubber band.
10. Let rise in a warm place, 85 degrees, until dough is within 1 inch of the top of the can.
11. Remove covers and bake in a 375 degree oven for 35 minutes.
Recipe by: diane@...
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 196 by "Diane Geary" <diane@...> on Nov 4, 1997