Yield: 1 Servings
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil; plus 2 teaspoons|
|1 tablespoon||Honey; plus 2 teaspoons|
|2 cups||Semolina flour; * see note|
|2 cups||Flour; machine or unbleachd|
|4 teaspoons||Italian seasoning; heaping ** see note|
|2 teaspoons||Active dry yeast|
1) Remove bread pan; attach kneading blade.
2) Place all ingredients in bread pan in order listed.
3) Insert bread pan, close lid and plug in.
4) Select bread type: Press select until the number 2 is displayed (Large, medium crust cycle).
5) Press start. Bread will be done baking in the number of hours indicated.
*semolina is the flour the color of corn meal which is used to make pasta.
Before it is cooked it has a gritty texture, but obviously is smooth when cooked. **Italian Seasoning is a mixture of spices available at the grocery store. It may vary depending on the company making it, but it usually has some mixture of marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano, and basil.
Formatted by Russell Fletcher, cccwebauthor@...
Serving Ideas : This is wonderful with lunch meat and is my favorite bread NOTES : When I made a 1½ lb. loaf the bread hit the top of my 2 lb.
Oster Bread Machine (so I make the 1 lb. loaf).
Recipe by: King Arthur Flour
Posted to TNT Recipes Digest by "Russell J. Fletcher" <gimplimp@...> on Mar 20, 1998