Yield: 4 Servings
|1 cup||Bamboo shoots|
|2 tablespoons||Smoked hom|
|2 teaspoons||Soy sauce|
|1½ tablespoon||Oil (up to)|
|3 drops||Vinegar; more or less|
|3 drops||Sesame oil; more or less|
1. Shell and devein shrimp; cut in 3 or 4 pieces if large. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
2. Slice bamboo shoots. Mince smoked ham. Combine sherry, sugar and soy sauce.
3. Heat oil. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pinkish. Then remove from pan.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add bamboo shoots; stir-fry to heat through (about 1 minute). Then quickly stir in sherry-sugar mixture to blend.
5. Return shrimp; stir in stock. Cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat. Transfer to a serving dish.
6. Sprinkle first with minced ham, then with vinegar and sesame oil. Serve at once.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .