Yield: 1 Servings
|2¼ pounds||Chicken wings|
|2 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
|1 cup||Creamy peanut butter|
|¼ cup||Lime or lemon juice|
|1 small||Onion, quartered|
|1¼ teaspoon||Crushed red pepper|
|2 teaspoons||Toasted sesame seeds|
|½ cup||Milk (this is for sauce, so if you keep kosher, improvise or use another peanut sauce recipe)|
|Curly leaf lettuce|
|2||Bell peppers cut into strips|
1. Cut off wing tips at joint; discard. Cut each in half at joint. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, paprika; add chicken; toss. Set aside.
2. In blender, process next 6 ingredients until smooth. Add ¾ cup peanut butter mixture to chicken; stir to coat.
3. On rack set in baking dish, arrange chicken; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Cook on High 11 to 13 minutes until chicken is tender, rotating dish once during cooking. Let stand 5 minutes.
4. In medium bowl, combine remaining peanut butter mixture, milk, and catchup. Cook on High 2 to 3 minutes until heated through, stirring once.
5. To serve, arrange lettuce, chicken, and peppers on platter. Serve peanut butter sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
470 calories per serving
Posted to JEWISH-FOOD digest V97 #029 by berlins@... on Jan 24, 1997.