Yield: 4 servings
|300 millilitres||Milk; (1/2 pint)|
|125 grams||Plain flour; (4oz)|
|1||Egg; size 3, beaten|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|1||Onion; finely chopped|
|1||Clove garlic; crushed|
|1||Green pepper; finely diced|
|2||120 g; (4.23oz) cans|
|; sardines, drained|
|; and chopped|
|3 tablespoons||Freshly chopped parsley|
|1||227 gram can chopped tomatoes; (8.1oz)|
|125 grams||Grated Cheddar cheese; (4oz)|
1. Whisk together the milk, flour, egg and seasoning to form a smooth batter.
2. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and pour in sufficient batter to coat the base of the pan when gently tipped.
3. Cook for 1 minute or until the underside is golden, turn over and cook the other side. Repeat process to make 6-8 pancakes.
4. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the onion, garlic and pepper for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the sardines, most of the parsley and seasoning to taste.
5. Divide the mixture between the pancakes. Roll each pancake up and arrange in a single layer in a lightly buttered ovenproof dish. Pour over the tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake in a preheated oven 200 C, 400 F, Gas Mark 6 for 15-20 minutes.
Serve immediately sprinkled with the remaining parsley.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : A quick easy to make light supper or starter.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.