Yield: 6 Servings
|4 \N||Scallion stalks|
|½ teaspoon||Baking powder|
|¼ cup||Oyster liquid|
|2 teaspoons||Hot sauce|
1. Shell oysters reserving their liquid, and chop coarsely. Cut scallion stalks in ½-inch sections.
2. Beat eggs. Then stir in salt, pepper, oysters and scallions.
3. Sift flour, together with baking powder. Blend to a paste with oyster liquid; then stir into egg mixture.
4. Heat a skillet and grease lightly with a drop of oil. Spoon oyster batter onto skillet (with a large spoon) to make pancakes 2 inches in diameter. Brown lightly on each side. Remove and keep warm.
5. Repeat, re-oiling skillet each time batter is added. Serve pancakes with a dip made by mixing vinegar and hot sauce.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .