Yield: 4 servings
|1||Garlic clove, minced|
|4 tablespoons||Dry sherry or broth|
|4 tablespoons||Soy Sauce|
|¼ teaspoon||Crushed Red Pepper|
Preparation Time: 10 min. Cooking Time: 40 to 45 min.
1. Mix sauce ingredients together and set aside.
2. Trim pork chops of fat and saute in hot oil until brown on both sides.
3. Pour sauce over chops. Cover tightly and simmer over low heat until chops are tender and cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes. Add a little water, (1 to 2 Tb) if needed to keep sauce from cooking down too much. Turn once.
4. Remove chops to platter. Stir in cornstarch dissolved in water.
Cook until thickened.
5. Pour over chops and serve.
Tips: Boneless pork loin chops can be used. Trim fat and pound to ¼-inch thickness. Cooking takes only 20 minutes.
Original Source: Great American Recipes Posted by: Michele Hardy (mnh@...)
Submitted By GAYE LEVY On 11-11-94