Yield: 1 Servings
|1 cup||Pitted cherries|
|2 tablespoons||Grand Marnier|
|3 \N||Egg whites|
|\N \N||Vanilla extract|
1. Cut pineapple in half, scoop out the meat and dice it 2. Dice rest of fruit and macerate in Grand Marnier in the fridge for 3 hours. Chill The empty pineapple 3. Fill pineapple with fruits and freeze 30 minutes while you prepare the meringue.
4. Mix sugar and water and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
Continue cooking until it reaches soft ball stage.
5. Meanwhile whip whites until they form soft peaks.
6. Add the hot syrup to the whites, always whipping.
7. Keep whipping until cool.
8. Pre heat broiler
9. Place filled pineapples on a wooden board ( it won't burn, but will isolate the heat)
10. Spread meringue decoratively on top of fruit.
11. Broil 3 minutes or until top is golden.
12. Serve at once. Posted to TNT - Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Aug 23, 1997