Yield: 8 Servings
|4||Very ripe pears, peeled, cored|
|1 tablespoon||Grated lemon rind|
|9||Lemons, halved, juiced, shells reserved|
|Fresh mint leaves|
1. Heat sugar and water to boil in large saucepan. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves; cook, covered, 4 minutes. Cool; set aside.
2. Put pears, lemon rind and 1 cup lemon juice into food processor or blender. Add 1 cup of the syrup and process until smooth. Taste and adjust for sweetness. Add more syrup if desired. Pour into large metal bowl; freeze until almost firm, about 2 hours.
3. Clean lemon shells. Cut thin slice off each bottom so it stands upright.
4. Put frozen lemon mixture into food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Spoon into lemon shells. Freeze until firm.
5. Serve garnished with mint leaves.
Posted By japlady@... (Rebecca Radnor) On rec.food.recipes or rec.food.cooking