Yield: 4 Servings
|2 tablespoons||Fresh chives; minced|
|1 tablespoon||Dijon mustard|
|8 slices||White bread|
|8 ounces||Sharp cheddar cheese; grated|
1. Mix mayonnaise, chives and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Season with pepper.
2. Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with mayonnaise mixture.
3. Divide cheddar cheese among 4 bread slices, then top with remaining bread mayonnaise side down.
4. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Melt half the butter in a large skillet ovre medium heat. Add two of the sandwiches, turn to coat each size with butter.
5. Cook over low heat until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
6. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches, keeping the completed sandwiches warm in the oven.
Notes: You can also use chopped green onions if you can't find chives.
Recipe by: Bon Appetit - February 1997 Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 351 by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Dec 09, 1997