Yield: 1 servings
|1 pounds||To 2 lb; makes 1 pint|
1. Choose young, firm, medium mushrooms with tightly closed caps.
2. Wash well, trim off ends, and sort by size. Slice larger mushrooms, if desired.
3. Blanch small mushrooms 3 minutes; large mushrooms 4 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to each quart of blanching water. Cool; drain well. Or cook mushrooms in a frying pan with a small amount of butter until almost done. Cool.
4. Pack in containers. Seal, label, and freeze.
5. Cook frozen mushrooms just until heated through.
Source: Vegetable Gardening Encyclopedia Typos by Dorothy Flatman 1995 Submitted By DOROTHY FLATMAN On 10-02-95