Yield: 4 Servings
|4||Dried black mushrooms|
|6||Dried lily buds|
|½ cup||Lean pork|
|½ cup||Bamboo shoots|
|2 cups||Chinese lettuce|
|2 slices||Fresh ginger root|
|1 tablespoon||Soy sauce|
1. Separately soak dried mushrooms and lily buds.
2. Cut pork, bamboo shoots, Chinese lettuce and soaked mushrooms in strips. Shred ginger root.
3. Cut soaked lily buds in two; then combine with soy sauce, sherry, salt and sugar.
4. Heat oil. Add shredded ginger and stir-fry a few times. Add pork; stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (2 to 3 minutes).
5. Add julienned vegetables; stir-fry 1 minute more. Add water and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 2 minutes over medium heat.
6. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and remaining cold water to a paste. First stir in lily bud mixture and heat through; then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Pour sauce over deep-fried fish and serve.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .