Yield: 8 servings
|8 \N||Pork chops, center cut, 3/4 inch thick|
|1 cup||Wood chips, prefer Applewood *|
|\N \N||Peach and Citrus Chutney, (see recipe)|
|1 tablespoon||Dry Mustard|
|1½ teaspoon||Ground Cumin|
|1½ teaspoon||Madras-Style Curry Powder|
|1½ teaspoon||Sweet Hungarian Paprika|
|¼ teaspoon||Ground Hot Red (Cayenne)|
|⅛ teaspoon||Ground Allspice|
|⅛ teaspoon||Ground Cloves|
FAR EASTERN RUB
* Soak wood chips in water for at least 30 mins and drain.
1. Make the dry rub: In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients.
Rub all over the prok chops. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 mins or upt to 2 hours.
2. Make a charcoal fire in grill.
3. Toss half of the chips on the coals. Place the chops on a lightly oiled grill and cover immediately. Cook, turning once, until seared on both sides, about 6 mins. Move the pork chops to the cooler edges of the grill and add the remaining chips to the coals. Cover the grill and cook until the meat shows no sign of pink when cut to the bone, about 20 mins.
4. Serve the pork chops immediately with the peach chutney.
Makes 8 servings from Clyde Nelson of The Home Ranch of Clark, CO.
Recipe By : National Cowboy Hall of Fame Chuck Wagon Cookbook From: Dan Klepach Date: 06-14-95 (159) Fido: Cooking