Yield: 10 Servings
|1 cup||Unbleached all-purpose flou|
|1 cup||Oat bran|
|⅔ cup||Granulated brown sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|3 tablespoons||Unsweetened applesauce|
|4 larges||Apples; peeled and diced|
|1 can||(16 oz) whole cranberries|
|1 can||(20 oz) crushed pineapple drained|
>From "Secrets of Fat-Free Kosher Cooking" by Deborah Bernstein, M.D.
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dihs with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add the applesauce and mix to form fine crumbs.
3. Press half the crumb mixture into the baking dish. Layer the apples, cranberries, and pineapple on top. Cover with the remaining crumb mixture.
4. bake for 1 hour, or until the top is brown.
5. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting int osquares and serving.
Delicious hot or cold.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING Calories: 190 Cholesterol: 0mg Fat: 1.3g Fiber: 6.8g Carbohydrates: 47.8g Protein: 4g Sodium: 6mg Deborah Bernstein, M.D. author of "Secrets of Fat-Free Kosher Cooking" Avery Publishing Sept '97 to order call (800) 548-5757 Posted to JEWISH-FOOD digest V97 #249 by Deb546750@... on Sep 15, 1997