Yield: 1 Servings
|2 pounds||Beef brisket|
|4 mediums||Potatoes; pared and quartered|
|4 mediums||Carrots; sliced|
|3 mediums||Onions; chopped|
|Prepared mustard or horseradish|
1. Heat beef, water and 1 teaspoon salt to boiling in Dutch oven. reduce heat.
2. Cover and simmer for 1,5 hours. Add potatoes, carrots and onions, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Cover and simmer until beef and vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes.
4. Drain meat and vegetables, reserving broth. Mash vegetables or puree in food mill, mound on heated platter.
5. Cut beef across grain into thin slices, arange around vegetables.
Garnish with parsley, serve with reserved broth and the mustard.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 418 by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Dec 30, 1997