Yield: 1 Servings
|2||Beef chuck steaks; 1 lb each|
|1 medium||Yellow onion; peeled and sliced|
|1 can||Cream of mushroom soup; undiluted|
|14½ ounce||Stewed tomatoes; undrained|
|1 tablespoon||Worcestershire sauce|
|½ teaspoon||Dried thyme|
|¼ teaspoon||Garlic powder|
|¼ teaspoon||Black pepper|
|8 smalls||New potatoes; unpeeled & quartered|
|9 ounces||Frozen green beans|
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 13 X 9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil leaving a 1½ inch over hang on all sides.
2. Cut the steaks into 4 equal portions and place in prepared pan. Top with onion slies.
3. Whisk together soup, tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a bowl until well blended. Pour over steak and onion.
4. Cover the dish with a large piece of aluminum foil, and roll edges closed using the overhanging foil to seal.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, add potatoes, reseal and bake another 45 minutes.
6. Uncover the pan, add the green beans, reseal and bake another 15 minutes or until beans are cooked and steak is tender. Stir well before serving.
Notes: Introduced in 1947 by the Reynolds Wrap company.
Recipe by: Family Circle - January 1998 Posted to recipelu-digest by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Feb 18, 1998