Yield: 30 Chips
|¼ teaspoon||Chili powder (or more, if desired)|
|⅛ teaspoon||Garlic powder (or more, if desired)|
|⅔ cup||Yellow cornmeal|
|15 \N||Calories per chip|
1. Preheat oven to 375øF (moderate).
2. Lightly grease baking sheet. 3. Heat water, margarine, and seasonings to boiling.
Remove from heat. Stir in cornmeal and mix well.
4. Divide dough into 30 portions using about 1 teaspoon dough each.
Roll each portion into a ball about ¾ inch in diameter.
5. Place balls on baking sheet, about 3 inches apart.
Cover with wax paper and press with bottom of a glass until very thin, about 2-½ inches in diameter. Remove wax paper.
6. Bake until lightly browned and crisp--about 15 minutes.
7. Cool on rack. Store in airtight container.
* Thrifty Meals for Two: Making Food Dollars Count * USDA Home and Garden Bulletin Number 244 * Meal-Master format courtesy of Karen Mintzias