Yield: 1 Servings
|1 pounds||Salted codfish ; soaked in water, skinned, and boned|
|1 large||Bell pepper; seeded and sliced|
|3 \N||Onions; finely sliced|
|3 \N||Tomatoes; peeled and seeded|
|½ cup||Olive oil|
|4 \N||Potatoes; cooked in their skins, peeled and sliced|
|1 \N||Hard boiled egg; sliced|
|2 tablespoons||Chopped parsley|
1. Soak fish overnight, changing water 3 times.
2. Dice or shred into large pieces the codfish. Squeeze out liquid.
3. Heat 3 T olive oil in a skillet and add cod cook until slightly colored ( it will give out water, let water evaporate). Remove to a plate Season 4. Add onions and cook until onions are soft. Transfer to a plate.
5. Cook bell pepper 2 minutes in the same skillet.
6. Oil a small pyrex and arrange layers starting with the potatoes, then codfish,onions, 1T chopped parsley bell pepper, tomato, and potatoes. Add 4 T olive oil.
7. Spread dots of butter on top of the potatoes 8. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
9. Serve topped with sliced egg and sprinkled with the rest of the parsley.
NOTES : There's seldom need for salt as the codfish is already salted. But you may add it if you feel it needs some Recipe by: Miriam Podcameni Posvolsky Posted to TNT - Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Aug 31, 1997