Yield: 4 Servings
|1 pack||Frozen broccoli; chopped (10oz)|
|1 tablespoon||Butter or margarine|
|1 tablespoon||All-purpose flour|
|½ teaspoon||Dried dill weed|
|¼ teaspoon||Dry mustard|
|⅛ teaspoon||Garlic powder|
|1 pinch||White pepper|
|1 pack||Cream cheese; (3oz)|
|1 cup||Cooked chicken; chopped|
|1 pack||Refrigerated crescent rolls|
|1||Egg white; beaten|
1) Place broccoli in 1-quart casserole. Cover. Microwave at hight for 4-5 minutes, or until defrosted, stirring once to break apart. Drain. Set aside. In 4-cup measure, microwave butter at high for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until melted.
2) Stir in flour. ½ tsp. dill weed, the salt, mustard, garlic powder and pepper. Blend in milk. Mircrowave at high for 3 to 4 minutess, or until mixture thickens and bubbles, stirring 2-3 times.
3) Place cream cheese in small dish. Microwave at hight for 15-30 seconds, or until sofened. Add to sauce. Beat well with whisk until smooth. Stir in broccoli and chicken. Set aside.
4) Heat oven to 350F. Remove crescent rool dough from package. Separate into 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. Press or roll each rectangle to 6" square.
5) Spoon about ½ cup of chicken mixture evenly into center of each square. Bring all 4 corners of each square to center. Pinch to seal. Pinch open edges and corners to seal. 6) Place on ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops of pastries with egg white.
Sprinkle lightly with dill weed. Bake for 18 to 24 minutes or until dark golden brown.
Contributor: Sarah Gruenwald sitm@...
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 378 by P&S Gruenwald <sitm@...> on Dec 17, 1997