Yield: 1 Servings
|1 \N||Yellow cake mix|
|1 can||Cherry pie filling|
|1 can||Crushed pineapple|
|1 \N||Stick oleo (or more)|
|1 cup||Pecans; whole (or more)|
1. Preheat oven to 350ø; grease an oblong cake pan.
2. Using #2 cans of pineapple and cherry pie filling, spread the crushed pineapple (include the juice) on the bottom of the pan. Now spread the cherry pie filling over or around the pineapple.
3. Sprinkle the *dry* cake mix over the top.
4. Place whole (or chopped) pecans over the dry cake mix.
5. On top of the pecans and dry cake mix, place thin slices of butter over the top...about ½" apart.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
Chef Freddy's special Dump Cake... Use Apple pie filling instead of cherry subsitute walnuts for the pecans...
This is my mother's recipe and I can still taste it evry time I read it... It is lower on calories and fat content that way... ...cf