Yield: 6 servings
|2 quarts||Skinned, shelled, roasted Spanish Peanuts|
|4 quarts||Skinned, shelled, roasted Virginia Peanuts|
If you use shelled, salted nuts, omit the salt in the recipe. Makes about 6 pints. In addition to the basic equipment for boiling water bath canning, you'll need a food grinder or chopper or you can use a blender or food processor.
1. Organize and prepare equipment and work area.
2. Grind nuts in grinder, chopper, blender, or food processor, Add the salt and grind again until smooth and creamy.
3. Pack into hot jars to within 1 inch of top, trying to pack so that no air bubbles remain. Remember to use a non metal tool for packing.
4. Wipe tops and threads of each jar with a damp clean cloth.
5. Put on lids and screw bands as manufacturer directs.
6. Process in a boiling water bath, 1 hour for both ½ pints and pints. Check water bath about every 10 to 15 minutes and add additional boiling water, if necessary, to keep jars covered with 1 to 2 inches of water.
7. Follow basic steps for boiling water bath canning, 10 through 18.
Source: Vegetable Gardening Encyclopedia Typos by Dorothy Flatman 1995 Submitted By DOROTHY FLATMAN On 10-07-95