Yield: 5 Servings
|1¼ pounds||Lean ground beef; crumbled|
|½ cup||Chopped onion|
|3 tablespoons||Dry taco seasoning mix|
|14½ ounce||Mexican-style tomatoes chopped (discard 2 Tbsp liquid)|
|30 ounces||Canned pinto beans|
|⅓ cup||Ripe olives, sliced|
|3 tablespoons||Chopped fresh parsley|
|4 ounces||Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)|
|1||Can cornbread twists (refrigerated dough)|
|1||Egg yolk; slightly beaten|
1. Saute beef and onion in a 12" cast-iron skillet over medium heat; drain.
2. Add taco seasoning, tomatoes, beans, olives and parsley. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. Twist cornbread strips while shaping in lattice pattern over mixture, making sure strips adhere to sides of dish.Brush twists with mixture of egg and water.
4. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
* COOKFDN brings you this recipe with permission from: * Texas Beef Council --