Yield: 12 Servings
|½ cup||Butter (1 stick) -- room|
|1 cup||Granulated sugar, or|
|Slightly less depending on|
|Tartness of blueberries)|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|2 teaspoons||Baking powder|
|2½ cup||Blueberries -- mash 1/2 cup|
|2 cups||All-purpose flour|
|¼ teaspoon||Ground nutmeg|
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12 regular muffin cups, including the area between each cup, or use foil baking cups.
1. In a medium-sized bowl, beat butter until creamy. Beat in the sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
2. Mix mashed berries into batter.
3. Fold in half the flour with a spatula, then half the milk. Add remaining flour and milk. Fold in remaining blueberries.
4. Scoop batter into muffin cups.
5. Mix 1 tablespoon sugar with ¼ teaspoon nutmeg and sprinkle on top of each muffin.
6. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let muffins cool at least 30 minutes in the pan before removing.
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #147 Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 11:36:56 -0600 From: Shirley Jordan <shirleyj@...> Recipe By : Muffins by Elizabeth Alston