Yield: 4 Servings
|½ pounds||Lean beef|
|1 tablespoon||Soy sauce|
|4 cups||Cold cooked rice|
1. Slice beef thin. Combine cornstarch, soy sauce, sherry and sugar; then add to beef and toss to coat.
2. Break up and separate the cold cooked rice, as in step 1 of "Simple Fried Rice". Shred onion.
3. Heat oil. Add onion and stir-fry until translucent. Add beef; stir-fry until it loses its redness. Then remove mixture from pan and keep warm.
4. Heat remaining oil to smoking. Add rice and stir-fry to heat through slightly. Stir in stock and salt; then stir-fry rice to heat through well.
5. Return half the beef and onion mixture to pan and mix thoroughly with rice. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with remaining beef and onions and serve.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .