Yield: 1 Servings
|2 quarts||Watermelon juice|
|2½ teaspoon||Acid Blend|
|⅛ teaspoon||Grape Tannin|
|1 teaspoon||Yeast Nutrient|
|1 pack||Wine Yeast|
From: "the letter \"C\" is not nesessary" <DDAWSON@...> Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 11:11:28 -0500 1. Cut melons in quarters, remove all rind parts entirely and discard seeds. Cut "meat" of melons into cubes.
2. Using nylon straining bag, mash and squeeze out juice into primary fermentor. Keeping all pulp in straining bag, tie top and place in primary.
3. Stir in all ingredients EXCEPT yeast. Cover primary.
4. After 24 hours, add yeast. Cover primary.
5. Stir daily and check S.G.
6. When ferment reaches S.G. 1.040 (3-5 days) lightly press juice from bag. Syphon wine off sediment into glass secondary. Attach airlock.
7. When ferment is complete (S.G.has dropped to 1.000 -- about 3 weeks) syphon off sediment into clean secondary. Reattach airlock.
8. To aid clearing syphon again in 2 months and again if necessary before bottling.
This is a one gallon recipe -- just increase ingredients for the amount of wine you want.
EAT-L Digest 8 July 96
From the EAT-L recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .