Yield: 6 Servings
|½ pounds||Pancetta (Italian bacon)|
|2 pounds||Cleaned veal rib eye|
|\N \N||White pepper and salt|
|1½ pint||Heavy cream|
|1 tablespoon||Demi-glace (optional)|
1. Unravel the pancetta and wrap it around the cleaned rib eye. Secure it by tying it end to end with string and loop around widthwise at three equidistant intervals.
2. Season with white pepper only (as pancetta is already heavily salted.) Brown on one side and turn over.
3. Place in a pre-heated 425F oven and cook 12 to 15 min. Remove from heat and let rest for 3 to 4 min.
4. De-glaze the pan with vodka and reduce by half.
5. Add the heavy cream and reduce until thick.
6. Add the demiglace and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cut the string from the veal and slice into 12 equal pieces. Place the sauce on the dinner plates and place the meat on top. Accompany with vegetables of your choice.
501 POST ST.;SAN FRANCISCO
WINE:RADDA IN CHIANTI 1980
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Italian Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .