Yield: 36 Servings
|1 cup||Butter Flavor Crisco all-vegetable shortening|
|¼ cup||Light corn syrup or regular pancake syrup|
|3 cups||All-purpose flour plus|
|4 tablespoons||Flour (divided)|
|¾ teaspoon||Baking powder|
|½ teaspoon||Baking sode|
|DECORATIONS: granulated sugar; colored sugar crystals; frosting; decors, candies, chips; nuts, raisins, coconut; decorating gel|
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine sugar and Crisco in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, syrup, and vanilla. Beat until well blended and fluffy.
3. Combine 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until well blended. Divide dough into 4 quarters. TIP: If dough is too sticky or too soft to roll, wrap each quarter of dough with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon flour on large sheet of waxed paper. Place one-fourth of dough on floured paper. Flatten slightly with hands. Turn dough over and cover with another large sheet of waxed paper. Roll dough to ¼-inch thickness. Cut out with floured cutter. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet with large pancake turner. Place 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with granulated sugar or colored sugar crystals, or leave plain to frost when cooled.
5. Bake one baking sheet at a time for 5-9 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies (bake smaller, thinner cookies closer to 5 minutes; larger cookies closer to 9 minutes). DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Place sheets of foil on countertop. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely; then frost if desired. Makes about 3-4 dozen cookies.
From a collection of my mother's (Judy Hosey) recipe box which contained lots of her favorite recipes, clippings, etc. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .