Yield: 48 cookies
|1 cup||Butter Flavor Crisco|
|¼ cup||Light corn syrup|
|3 cups||All-purpose flour|
|¾ teaspoon||Baking powder|
|½ teaspoon||Baking soda|
1. Heat oven to 375'F.
2. Combine sugar and Butter Flavor Crisco in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, syrup and vanilla. Beat well.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until well blended. Divide dough into quarters. TIP If dough is too sticky/soft to roll, wrap each quarter of dough with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour. Keep refrigerated until ready to roll.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon of flour os large sheet of waxed paper.
5. Place a quarter of dough on floured paper. Flatten dough slightly, turn over, and cover with another sheet of waxed paper. Roll dough to ¼" thickness. Cut out with floured cutter. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet, 2" apart. Sprinkle with decors, or leave plain to frost when cooled.
6. Bake at 375'F. for 5-9 minutes (bake smaller, thinner cut-outs closer to 5 minutes, larger cut-outs closer to 9 minutes).
7. DON'T OVERBAKE. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to counter, cool, frost if desired.