Yield: 6 Servings
|6 slices||Turkey breast; (14 ounces)|
|2 tablespoons||Butter; or margarine|
|2 tablespoons||All-purpose flour|
|½ teaspoon||Curry powder|
|1 cup||Chicken broth|
|½ small||Banana; diced (1/2 cup)|
|¼ cup||Pitted dates; snipped|
|¼ cup||Cashews; chopped|
|½ teaspoon||Lemon peel; finely shredded|
|3 cups||Cooked bulgur; hot (or rice)|
1. Wrap turkey slices in foil; place in shallow baking pan. Heat in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile for sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter or margarine.
3. Blend in flour and curry powder.
4. Add chicken broth and milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
5. Stir in banana, dates, cashews, and lemon peel.
6. Arrange turkey over cooked bulgur or rice. Pour sauce atop turkey.
This recipe was submitted by Ms. Chan to Better Homes and Garden Magazine, issue unknown.
Recipe by: Roxanne E. Chan, Albany, Calif.
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #925 by KHudson123@... on Nov 26, 1997