Yield: 2 Loaves
|4 cups||Presifted All-purpose flour|
|2 teaspoons||Baking soda|
|1 teaspoon||Baking powder|
|1 teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon||Ground nutmeg|
|½ teaspoon||Ground cloves|
|14½ ounce||Can Pumpkin puree (not pie mix)|
|1 cup||Vegetable oil|
|⅔ cup||Cold water|
|½ cup||Chocolate covered orange|
|Peel, Coarsely chopped.|
MIX TOGETHER IN LARGE BOWL
BLEND TOGETHER IN A 2ND BOWL
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
1. Mix together in a large bowl the first 8 ingredients.
2. In a second bowl blend together the pumpkin puree, oil and cold water.
Add eggs beating well after each addition.
3. Slowly add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture. Blending well on a low/medium speed with mixer.
4. Sir into mixture BY HAND - Coarsely chopped chocolate covered orange peel or Chocolate Chips if desired until evenly blended.
5. Pour into greased and floured loaf pans.
Bake 350 degrees approximately 1 hour or until tester comes out clean. Cool loaves in pans for 10-15 min. then remove and cool on wire rack.
An ORIGINAL recipe of suzy@...
Posted to MM-Recipes Digest V4 #288 by Suzy <suzy@...> on Nov 4, 1997