Yield: 72 servings
|1 cup||Granulated sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|3¾ cup||All-purpose flour|
|2 teaspoons||Baking powder|
|¼ cup||Heavy (whipping) cream|
|⅓ cup||Red colored sugar|
|⅓ cup||Green colored sugar|
|White, green and/or yellow ready-to-pipe icing|
1. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. With mixer on low speed, gradually beat in flour, baking powder and cream until well blended.
2. Press dough together, then divide in half. Wrap each half and chill 3 hours or until firm enough to roll.
3. Heat oven to 350øF. Grease cookie sheet(s).
4. On lightly floured surface, roll 1 piece of dough at a time (keep remainder refrigerated) to ¼-inch thickness. Cut in desired shapes with floured 3-inch cookie cutters. Sprinkle each with ½ teaspoon colored sugar. Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet(s).
Reroll scraps and chill.
5. Bake 14 minutes or just until bottoms and edges are brown. Cool completely on cookie sheets on wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough.
6. Decorate as you wish. let stand two hours until icing sets. Store airtight up to 2 weeks or freeze.
Prep: 15 min. Chill: 3 hr. Bake: 14 min. per batch Woman's Day Incredible Cookies (11/23/93)