Yield: 1 servings
1. Mix a little water with the granulated sugar to make it wet enough to pack. Scoop the wet sugar into each half of plastic egg mold.
2. Stiffly turn filled egg mold upside-down on several layers on paper towel and remove egg mold.
3. Using a spoon, scoop out a half circle from one side of each sugar egg, making sure that when the two sides are put together, the scooped out sections will match. If you want your sugar egg to stand you will want to cut away the bottom end of the sugar egg. Let dry overnight or until surface of sugar eggs are hard.
4. When outer side of sugar eggs are hard, turn and scoop out inside leaving the shell to measure about ¼" in thickness.
5. Seam together the two egg halves using cake icing. Decorate around seam and around hole opening to conceal rough edges. Finish decorating sugar eggs and fill with your favorite candies.
* Color water with food coloring before mixing with sugar.
* Use cake decorating confections for decorating.
* Soak shredded coconut in green food coloring for grass.
Submitted By MICHAEL ORCHEKOWSKI On 10-05-94