Yield: 4 Servings
|1 pounds||Fresh squid|
|1 \N||Scallion stalk|
|1 slice||Fresh ginger root|
|1 tablespoon||Soy sauce|
1. Clean squid and cut in 1-inch squares. Cut scallion stalk in 1-inch sections. Crush ginger root.
2. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add scallion and ginger root; stir-fry a few times. Add squid and stir-fry to coat with oil (about 1 minute).
4. Sprinkle with soy sauce and sherry; stir-fry 2 minutes more.
5. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken and serve at once.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .