Yield: 4 Servings
|4 \N||Dried black mushrooms|
|1 can||(15-oz) abalone|
|1 cup||Bamboo shoots|
|2 \N||Scallion stalks (up to)|
|½ cup||Abalone liquid|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Drain canned abalone and cut in ⅛-inch slices. Reserve liquid. Cut bamboo shoots and soaked mushrooms in ⅛-inch slices. Cut scallion stalks in 1-inch sections.
3. Heat oil. Stir in salt, then bamboo shoots and mushrooms; stir-fry to heat through.
4. Add abalone liquid and sherry. Bring to a boil; then cook, covered, 3 minutes over medium heat.
5. Gently stir in abalone slices and scallions and bring to a boil again.
Serve at once. VARIATIONS:
1. For the dried mushrooms: substitute 1 cup canned button mushrooms.
2. At the end of step 5, thicken with a cornstarch paste made of 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 3 tablespoons cold water and a few drops of sesame oil.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .