Yield: 4 Servings
|1 cup||Glutinous rice|
|1 pounds||Lean beef|
|2 slices||Fresh ginger root|
|1 tablespoon||Soy sauce|
1. Soak glutinous rice. Drain well.
2. Mince or grind beef, removing fat and tendons. Place in a bowl. Mince ginger root and onion and add.
3. Beat egg lightly and add, along with soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, salt and sherry. Blend well and form into walnut-size meatballs. (Do not handle meat too much; it will dry out.) 4. Spread glutinous rice on a flat plate. Roll each meatball over rice to coat completely.
5. Arrange meatballs on shallow heatproof dish with ½-inch spaces between them to allow for expansion of rice.
6. Steam on a rack 20 to 30 minutes (see "HOW-TO SECTION"). Serve hot with dips of soy sauce and Chinese mustard.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .