Yield: 4 Servings
|1 pounds||Lean beef|
|Oil for deep-frying|
1. Prepare a sweet-and-pungent sauce (see recipes for "Sweet-and-Pungent Sauce" #1 or #2 or "Possible" or "Typical" Combinations recipes).
2. Remove fat and tendons from beef; then mince or grind. Form into walnut-size balls.
3. Beat egg lightly and blend with flour, salt and pepper to a smooth batter. Dip beef balls in batter to coat.
4. Meanwhile heat oil to smoking. Add beef balls a few at a time and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
5. Reheat the sweet-and-pungent sauce. Stir in beef balls only to heat through.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .