Yield: 4 Servings
|¼ cup||Dry bread crumbs|
|2 tablespoons||Brown sugar|
|3 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
1. Remove fat and tendons from beef; then mince or grind. Mince onion and add to beef.
2. Beat egg lightly and add, along with bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
Blend well, but do not overhandle meat. Form into walnut-size balls.
3. Heat stock to boiling. Add beef balls a few at a time (to keep temperature of stock from dropping too rapidly) and simmer, covered, until done (about 30 minutes).
4. Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and catsup.
5. Transfer meatballs to a serving platter. Leave stock in pan and add sugar-soy mixture. Cook, stirring, over medium flame, to blend and heat.
Pour sauce over beef balls and serve.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .