Yield: 1 Servings
|1 pounds||Boiling potatoes|
|1 small||Leek; white part only|
|1 tablespoon||Veg oil|
|2 teaspoons||Unsalted butter|
1. Peel and quarter potatoes, bring water to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and cool completely.
2. Thinly slice the white part of the leek, wash very well to remove sand and pat dry.
3. Using the coarse side of a grated, grate the potato.
4. In a bowl toss the leek adnd potatoes with salt a pepper to taste.
5. In a 12 inch non-stick skillet heat oil and butter over moderate heat.
6. Spread potato mixture in skillet and cook until underside is browned, 5-7 minutes.
7. Put a large heatproof plate over the skillet and invert the rosti onto plate. Slide rosti back into skillet and brown other side about 5 minutes.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 320 by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Nov 28, 1997