Yield: 1 Servings
|1 cup||Sifted flour|
|1 teaspoon||Baking powder|
|½ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|¾ cup||Butter or margarine|
|1 can||(10 1/2 ounce) condensed tomato soup|
|3 cups||Rolled oats|
|2 cups||Chopped raisins|
|1 cup||Chopped walnuts|
This is a wonderfully different cookie recipie that is easy and makes a large number of cookies which never seem to last long in our house and which freeze very well. Enjoy!
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spices.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and beat thoroughly.
4. Add dry ingredients and soup alternately, blending well after each addition.
5. Stir in oats, raisins, and walnuts.
6. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet.
7. Bake in a moderate oven (350 (F.) about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Makes about 8 dozen.
I often alter the proportions of raisins and nuts to what I have on hand.
As we prefer raisins to nuts, I sometimes use all raisins. I would not try to use all nuts as the raisins add a wonderful texture and taste.
Posted to Bakery-Shoppe Digest V1 #443 by S J F Brocaar <acesjfb@...> on Dec 07, 1997