Yield: 1 Servings
|1 cup||Whole Almonds; Shelled|
1. Combine almonds, sugar and water in a heavy skillet.
2. Place over medium heat and stir constantly.
3. After about 5 minutes, the sugar will crystallize and stick to the almonds.
4. Keep on cooking and stirring until this sugar liquefies, making the almonds shiny brown all over.
5. Pour onto a large baking sheet and quickly separate nuts as much as possible with a pair of forks which have beed dipped in oil.
6. When nuts are cold, store in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
These are better made in small batches. Do not try to double amounts.
NOTES : This recipe came from Czechoslovakia with a refugee family many years ago.
Recipe by: diane@...
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 199 by "Diane Geary" <diane@...> on Nov 4, 1997