Yield: 1 servings
|6 ounces||Pinto beans; soaked overnight|
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil; (1 to 2)|
|1 large||Onion; finely chopped|
|2 \N||Cloves garlic; crushed|
|¼ teaspoon||Ground coriander|
|1 teaspoon||Ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon||Garam masala|
|½ \N||Green pepper; very finely chopped|
|1 \N||Green chilli; de-seeded and|
|\N \N||; finely chopped|
|\N \N||Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 \N||Lemon; juice of|
1. Boil the beans until tender (approximately 1½-2 hours), remove from heat, drain well and leave to cool slightly.
2. Heat the oil, add the onion, garlic and salt and fry gently.
3. Add spices and cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add pepper and chilli and cook for 4-5 minutes.
5. Mash the cooked beans, add to the spice mixture and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
6. Serve seasoned with black pepper and lemon juice. Use the refritos to fill prepared tortillas.
Converted by MC_Buster.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.