Yield: 6 servings
|Salt to taste|
|Pepper to taste|
|¼ cup||Soy sauce|
|2 tablespoons||Butter or margarine|
1. Cut sweet potatoes into ½-inch slices.
2. Core apples but do not peel; cut into ½-inch rings.
3. Arrange sweet potato slices over the bottom of a greased 13x9x2-inch casserole or baking pan.
4. Put half the apple rings on top of sweet potatoes, saving the other half to use on top with pork chops.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Mix together honey, soy sauce and water; pour over sweet potatoes and apples.
7. Bake in preheated 350'F. oven 30 minutes.
8. Season pork chops with salt and pepper; brown in a skillet in ½ tablespoon margarine.
9. Arrange chops and remaining apple rings over precooked sweet potatoes and apples; baste with pan juices and dot with remaining margarine.
10. Bake 30 minutes longer, or until done.
Submitted By MICHAEL ORCHEKOWSKI On 10-10-94